Avalokan

Eternal Search...

It was a happy moment for me to be part of something I had admired for so long. It was "Ant-tak" or अंत तक in Hindi, a group of friends and family which knows how to enjoy life and has chosen music as the medium to do just that.

The official blog of this group called Anttak describes itself as "a group that just enjoys music singing and dancing just for fun. We organise the gathering at one of the homes of the participants, randomly, in turns. The music is usually accompanied by karaoke music and live instruments. This is purely for a closed group of families who just love music, to sing and listen."

My first experience of this cool group was a
frolicking 12 hours of singing, dancing "Sakkat maja maaading". Boy o boy no body was a 50 year old there!!! This happened on 19th of april.
(I think the pics say it all)

It all started with the group meeting at Venkat n priya's place in a rather formal manner which gave me an impression that it would be another one of those "oldies parties" but boy was I proved wrong throughout the get together as I was the only one who remained seated throught (due to my illness). Everyone , even the 70 year old granny got up her feets to shake a leg or two and it was fun all throughout. Everybody seemed fully determined to have the time of their lives in those few years they were all together. And in between there were sweet melodies, oldies sung be elders and some poem recitals/songs sung by small kids, and by small i mean even a 3 year old kid.
But what blew me off was a full s
hloka recital by a kid named Akshay who did it with full josh and confidence( check out the pic).

Initially I had my apprehensions about this get together and wanted to give it a miss due to my illness but decided to go to cheer my sister Geetika who was supposed to sing one of my favourite songs ( Maa from the Movie "Tare ZAmeen Par").


But the whole concept instantly became a great hit with me as inspite of my illness I could feel the energy and enthusiasm of the people there.
I had a great time meeting such enthusiastic people and I am amazed to find myself despe
rately waiting for the next get together which is scheduled sometime in the middle of this may I am told.
Hopefully I would be able to enjoy and take part more actively the next time it happens.
Three che
ers to अंत तक !!!

1 comments:

Hey Ashish!!!
I never knew you had a blogspot of your own..Surprise yaar!!
Writeup was very good.
Though i saw the blog after 5 months,i could really relive the evening. Such was the mood and the enthralling enthu of the members..oooooooppppphhhhhhhhh!!!
Thanks for such a nice presentation of the wonderful day.
Regards, Priya.